Loft beds are a great option if your child has finally reached the age where they want their own bed or if you are moving into a new home and need to buy a children’s furniture set. Indeed, this kind of bed is a perfect solution that adds function and allows for usable space in a bedroom. If you don’t have a lot of square footage or have two kids sharing a bedroom, you should look into purchasing a loft bed.
There are numerous benefits to children’s loft beds and they come in a wide range of styles, allowing you to choose the one that speaks to your needs the most. Yet another bonus to investing in a children’s loft bed is the amount of storage space you will have. These types of furniture sets are the perfect solution for a small bedroom because they allow for more floor space, whether you need room for toys or a desk for an older child.
Here is a more in-depth look at some of the main benefits of children’s loft beds.
- Loft beds are a great option that allows for extra work and play space. Since loft beds are stand above the ground, they allow for more floor space. The space underneath a loft bed is great for a desk, a play area, or extra storage. In some cases, loft beds come with a desk built into them already. You may also consider installing seating, a bookcase, and even a lamp for a study area or personal library. If your kids are younger, think about adding a tent or sheet to a loft bed to create it into a fort!
- Loft beds provide you with extra storage space. Loft beds are a great option for people who are working with smaller rooms and less square footage, as the space underneath the loft bed is perfect for extra storage. Store bins, shoes, and clothes there, or even place a shelving unit or dresser for even more storage. Some loft beds even come with shelves or drawers built into them already.
- Loft beds are a wonderful option for growing families. If you are thinking about having more kids, investing in a loft bed is a smart move. Loft beds are great pieces of furniture for growing families, as you will be able to simply place a second bed underneath the elevated one when the time comes.
There are many benefits, especially if you are a young family who is thinking about having more kids in the future. Remember to check out our great selection of children’s furniture sets and more at Mom’s Bunk House and get your kids set up in style!
What characteristic to seek in a Loft Bed?
Loft beds are much more than just a place to sleep; consider the following features to find the best model for your child:
- Ladder. The vast majority of loft beds include a ladder. Always ensure that the ladder is suitable for your child’s age. Ladders with wide, flat rungs will benefit younger children by reducing the likelihood of slipping.
- Stairwell. Choosing a loft bed with a staircase rather than a ladder will provide your child with a more stable way to get into bed while also often providing additional storage. The steps can also be used as drawers, and you might be interested in models with shelves, cupboards, or even a small desk in the area beneath the staircase.
- Slide. Slides are particularly popular with younger children, and they provide a fun way to get out of bed in the morning. Just make sure you have enough space and that the slide can be used on either side of the bed, depending on your needs.
- Tent. Underneath some junior loft beds is a fabric tent. This is a great option for playing while also keeping the room looking neat and tidy. Choose a tent that corresponds to your child’s interests or room theme; there are many options available, such as castles or cottages, camouflage or underwater, as well as ones in solid colors.
- Desk. A desk is not only useful for schoolwork; it can also foster your child’s creativity. A desk is a great addition for any age child or teenager for drawing, jigsaw puzzles, or even a place to use their laptop or tablet. A small desk that takes up one end of the frame should suffice for younger children, while older children will profit from a larger desk to accommodate extra papers and a laptop.
- Storage. Drawers, shelves, cupboards—Loft beds are an excellent way to increase the storage space in your child’s bedroom. You can never have too much storage, whether you want to replace your child’s dresser so they have enough space to play or need extra space to accommodate their ever-expanding toy collection. A loft bed with drawers and cupboards is also an excellent way to create a more harmonious, unified room with improved organization.
What materials should a loft bed be made of?
Wooden Loft Beds
UNIROI Loft Bed with Slide for Kids, Bunk Frame Bed with Safety Rail Ladder and Storage Shelves for Kids
Metal Loft Beds
Additional Materials: Canvas or Plastic
The Loft Beds for Children are a brilliant use of space. At Mom’s Bunk House, you will find loft bed designs for boys, girls, and teenagers. These elevated beds have room underneath for a play area, desk, or storage, which makes children’s loft beds great for kids of all ages. Check out these kids’ loft beds for sale!