A day bed is one of those pieces of furniture that is oftentimes forgotten. An ideal choice for many reasons, day beds for kids have become an increasingly popular choice in recent years. A twin mattress that moonlights as a sofa during the day, a day bed is the perfect option if you are looking for something that will fit nicely into your child’s room, while still leaving room for a desk, bookshelves, and any other knickknacks. As any parent can attest to, it can be difficult to find the happy medium between making their child comfortable and happy with their bedroom, while still being functional.
In fact, some parents find it quite difficult to find a bed that will suit their children, and fit with the theme of the room. Finding a bed that will provide comfort and a restful night’s sleep, without taking up too much space, can be quite the challenge. This is where the day bed comes in. In a nutshell, a day bed with trundle is a type of bed that can be a sofa during the day, but can be converted into a bed at night. The trundle is a second bed that is hidden underneath the day bed. This is a wonderful option if you have two kids sharing a room, or if your child has frequent sleepovers with friends.
Mom’s Bunk House offers a wide selection of day beds, both with the trundle option and without. If you are tossing this idea around as an option for your young child or teenager, be sure and check out our selection. You are sure to find a day bed for your kids that fits your needs, and is within your budget.
Before you start browsing for a day bed, let’s take a look at some of the main benefits to this kind of bed:
● Day beds are very comfortable. One of the main advantages to a day bed is the level of comfort. Day beds use a twin mattress that is extremely soft and comfortable. With such bed, your kids will have no problem getting to sleep at night!
● Day beds are convenient. As mentioned above, day beds are very convenient, especially when your kids are teenagers. If your child frequently has a friend stay the night, a day bed is the perfect choice. Setting up the trundle is super easy, all you have to do is pull out the trundle bed from beneath the top mattress and you instantly have two beds!
● There are many different varieties. Another great benefit to day beds? There are tons of different styles and designs to choose from. This means you will be able to choose the bed that best fits both you and your child’s needs and tastes.
● Day beds provide versatility. The fact that you can turn a day bed into a sofa in no time is one of the biggest selling points of a day bed. If you have teenagers, this is an especially attractive feature, as it allows them to hang out with friends on their sofa while studying, without having to bring in an entirely different piece of furniture.
● Day beds are budget-friendly. Even though a day bed is essentially two pieces of furniture – a bed and a sofa – they are actually quite affordable. The price will range, depending on the design and style you choose, but most are within pretty much any budget.
If you are in need of a bed for your child but are also in the market for a sofa for their room, you should consider a day bed. Day beds for kids offer a convenient, youthful, and fun option that will allow them to make their room their own, while still having a comfortable place to rest their head at night.